GONE ARE THE DAYS WHEN ONLINE TRAVEL SITES COULD GET YOU THE BEST DEALS. NOW YOU MUST GO DIRECTLY TO THE SUPPLIER AND EVEN THEN YOU’RE ONLY GETTING A BASIC RATE.
IF YOU WANT THE MOST VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY, YOU NEED TO USE A TRAVEL AGENT.
For two decades’ sites like Expedia, Priceline, Kayak aka Online Travel “Agencies” have dominated the digital landscape for booking travel. Statistics show they can no longer save you the money you think they can and they take of countless hours of your time. Most importantly, they no longer have access to the deep discounts that they did 20 years ago since there are literally 100s of sites to book on. Even by booking direct, you are still missing out on the personal touch, insight and strong relationships that travel advisors have with hotels, airlines and other travel suppliers to get you the most value for your money.
THESE ARE THE TOP REASONS YOU SHOULD USE A TRAVEL AGENT
- EXPERTISE: Time is money! Why waste it fishing through countless websites? 54% of people have no destination in mind when they start planning a trip. Agents have deep & reliable industry knowledge that will ensure travellers get the most value for their available budget and save an average of $452 cash savings per trip not to mention 23 hours of planning time.
Travel agents can save you almost 23 hours of planning and over $450 on your vacation
- PERSONAL SERVICE - You can work with a person rather than a computer. It can be very reassuring to finalize all the details of your trip with a person rather than a nameless, faceless website. When was the last time the Internet listened to your preferences and then carefully planned a trip specifically for you?
- VIP TREATMENT – Receive some extra sparkle on your booking such as daily breakfast, room upgrades, resort credits, spa credits, welcome gifts that only come when booking with a travel advisor worth up to $1000+! When did that internet ever offer you that? Whether upgrading your room or extending your checkout, your “Travel Agent Status” will get you complimentary perks that booking online cannot.
your “Travel Agent Status” will get you complimentary perks
- PRODUCT ACCESS: OTAs no longer have access to the vendor discounts they used to (or even to some major airlines). Travel advisors have robust vendor relationships with direct access to the lowest rates available, as well as, promotions and travel perks that only they have access to.
- CONSTANT SUPPORT: Travelers will pay a premium for a last-minute re-booking or cancellation with an OTA and most often you won't even have that option. Travel agents will leverage vendor relationships to advocate for travellers when unexpected changes occur.
- EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE – You have help when a natural disaster hits! Your travel agent is your first responder and will give you their full attention during emergencies. ***This perhaps may be the single most important reason to work with a travel agent instead of the internet. Who are you going to call when something goes wrong? Not Expedia!
Your travel agent is your first responder during an emergency
- PAY IN INSTALLMENTS: Unlike OTAs, with a travel agent, you can make a low down-payment, get early-bird perks, and keep money in the bank. $5,000 in the bank with 3% interest yields $150 end of the year.
- 24-HR PRICE LOCK: OTAs prices fluctuate by the minute and might change before you reach checkout, let alone check in with your group. Travel agents can put a hold on a price for 24 hrs to guarantee your price.
Booking online won't save you money or time.
- NO HIDDEN FEES: OTAs prices often do not include taxes and fees until check-out. Travel agents provide transparent price quotes for their service fees and full travel costs before a final payment is made.
- SAVES TIME - Your time is money! Why waste it fishing through website after website? Reclaim that time and spend it with friends, going to an energizing yoga class, or indulging in a spa treatment, whilst your travel agent works for you!
How Much is Your Time Worth?
$26.39 HOURLY WAGE
of the average American:
22.95 NUMBER OF HOURS
Americans spend on travel websites 6 weeks prior to booking a vacation
= $605.65 time savings
Cash Savings Using a Travel Agent:
according to a 2016 ASTA study, travel agents save consumers an average of
$452 cash savings per trip
$1,057.65 Total Time & Money Savings
Using a Travel Agent
Still, haven't booked your family vacation?
Sign up now and I will send you the Top 10 Hottest Holiday Travel Destinations to Book Right Now!
What is next on your travel to do list?
Are you planning a family vacation, or are you looking for ways to save on costs and streamline your corporate travel?
Curated Global Travel is a full-service travel management company with a focus on the LGBT community and all are welcome. We understand the challenges that face the LGBT community while travelling throughout the world to parts unknown. All of our family and business travel suppliers including airlines, hotels, car services and on-site operators have been personally approved by our team to be welcoming, friendly, and respectful.
Most of the information contained in this post originally appeared here on HostAgencyReviews.com with additional info and images added by our editorial staff.